New to the Disability Center?
If you are an MU student and you have a documented disability, the Disability Center can help you get what you need to have an equal educational opportunity at Mizzou. First you will want to establish an accommodation plan. Freshmen usually establish accommodations during Summer Welcome. You can do this at at any time during the semester, however.
To establish accommodations, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Fill out the new student application. You will be asked to login using your MU username and password. If you need to upload any documentation, you will be able to do so when filling out the application.
- Schedule an Access Planning Meeting (APM) with an access advisor in the Disability Center by calling the Disability Center at 573-882-4696.
You may be asked to submit third-party documentation to apply for an accommodation plan. However, if you already have documentation, we encourage you to upload it with your application or bring it with you for your Access Planning Meeting. If you need to submit documentation and you have already completed the new student application, you can send the files by email or fax.
If you have already established accommodations with the Disability Center and need to renew them for the upcoming semester, please log in to myAccess. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the office at 573-882-4696 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations and Supports
Faculty Mentor Program
As a student with a disability, you may experience new challenges as you progress through your academic career. This mentoring program is designed to connect you with someone who can offer support, encouragement and guidance on handling academic relationships and the demands of college.
Faculty mentors understand disability and the accommodations process. They represent many different majors and interests. All of our mentors want you to succeed!
Talk to your faculty mentor about:
- Mizzou resources and the way things work on campus
- Arranging your accommodations
- How to balance the demands of school
- Deciding on a career path
- Finding opportunities to connect
- And many other topics
Mizzou students with disabilities are eligible for several scholarships through the MU Disability Center.