What is myAccess?
myAccess is a student database system. If you have established an Accommodation Plan with the Disability Center, myAccess will allow you to log in and generate individualized Accommodation Notification Letters each semester. You can choose which approved accommodations you want/need for each course in which you are enrolled, retrieve notes for courses (if applicable), and much more.
Log in with your MU username and password. Each semester, you will be asked to review and sign the accommodation responsibilities checklist and any other agreements pertaining to specific accommodations you have.
Within myAccess, select “My Dashboard” from the left-hand side of your screen.
To request accommodations
- Select the relevant classes.
- Click “Customize Your Accommodations.”
- Select the accommodations you are requesting for each class. You do not have to select all of your accommodations.
- Click “Submit your Requests.”
- Once you have requested your accommodations, arrange a time to meet with each instructor and discuss the specific details of implementing your accommodations. Refer to the New Student Orientation guide for assistance.
- Your accommodation notification letters will be emailed to your instructors within 2-business days by the Disability Center. Some accommodations require approval by your access advisor each semester and will list as “Pending” until approved.
- Any changes to your course schedule will take 24 to 48 hours to appear on your myAccess profile.
Some requests will require additional steps. You can find links to these specific topics on your myAccess dashboard after you submit your accommodation requests.
To modify existing accommodations
- Select the relevant classes.
- Look for a gray box containing the class information. There will be two options that appear on the right side of the page.
- Modify request in bold blue type.
- Click “Modify.”
- Select or deselect the accommodation(s) you need to modify.
- Click “Update Request.”
- Allow two business days for the request to be approved, if applicable.
To request additional accommodations
- Click “Accommodation Modification Request Form” from the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click “Submit New Application.”
- Answer the questions and then click “Submit Application.”
- Once your request has been submitted, you will have the option to upload additional supporting documentation.
REMINDER: Before the requests can be approved, your Access Advisor will need to review the request. Please allow three business days for review.
Tutorial: Requesting, modifying or adding accommodations (Powerpoint)
Tutorial: Requesting, modifying or adding accommodations (video)
- Log in to myAccess, select “Exam Access” from the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the course for which you are requesting an exam.
- Select the exam type (exam, quiz, final).
- Provide the date and time the exam is to be administered.
- Select the accommodations that you would like to use for the exam.
- Click “Add Exam Request.”
Your request is not fully approved until reviewed by your instructor and the Disability Center exams staff. All exams (during weeks 1-14) require at least 7 days’ notice during the fall and spring semesters and 5 days’ notice during summer. Exams during weeks 15 and 16 have a separate deadline date which will be sent out once determined each semester. Students are highly encouraged to submit all of their exam requests ahead of time to avoid missing the deadline. Late requests will be approved case-by-case by the Exams Coordinator and are not guaranteed.
View the Exam Request guide for assistance.
If you are eligible for notetaking assistance, follow these steps to set it up in your classes
- Meet with your instructors to discuss your notetaking accommodation.
- Log in to myAccess and confirm the course(s) in which you plan to utilize a peer notetaker.
- You will be notified once a notetaker is identified and begins uploading notes. All note files will be available to download within the Notetaking Assistance portal.
Tutorial: Notetaking assistance (Powerpoint)
Tutorial: Notetaking assistance (video)
Are you a volunteer notetaker? Please visit the volunteer notetaker page for more information regarding peer noteta
- Log in to myAccess and select “Alternative Formats” from the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the textbooks you need converted.
- Provide the accommodations coordinator with proof of purchase for the books.
- Textbook orders and conversions can take up to two to four weeks.
If the textbook you need converted is not listed:
- Scroll down to Additional Book or Reading Materials section
- Enter the book information where indicated.
- Submit the additional text.
Tutorial: Requesting alternative textbook formats (Powerpoint)
Information entered or uploaded to myAccess is available to the Disability Center staff only. Entry into myAccess requires use of your MU Pawprint and password. To ensure privacy and security, do not share your login or password with anyone else. All informational documentation submitted to the Disability Center is kept separate from your academic records and is considered private under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please note that the Disability Center does not keep hard copies of documentation that you provide to us.
If you are having trouble with your myAccess account please email the Disability Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow one to two business days for a response. If this is an immediate issue you can call the Disability Center at 573-882-4696.