Student Exam Information
Exam requests for weeks 15 and 16 (Dec. 4-8 and Dec. 11-15) must be submitted by 11 p.m. on Nov. 17, 2023.
Exam requests for weeks 1-14 must be submitted at least seven days in advance. Summer semester exams requests should be requested five days in advance.
Requests submitted after that date will be at the discretion of the exams coordinator and are not guaranteed to be approved.
Fall and spring semesters
During weeks 1-15, exams can be scheduled every 15 minutes at the following times:
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. (all exams must end by 10 p.m.)
- Friday: 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (all exams must end by 5 p.m.)
During finals week (week 16)
Exams are administered at the following times only:
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. | 10 a.m. | 12:30 p.m. | 3 p.m. | 5:30 p.m. | 8 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m.
Exams can be scheduled every 15 minutes at the following times. Requests must be submitted five days in advance.
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (all exams must end at 5 p.m.)
- When scheduling to take an exam through the Disability Center, requests must be submitted in a timely manner. Each semester has a different request date expectation.
- During the summer semesters we require at least five days in advance (three business days) for exam requests.
- Exams must be taken during the regularly scheduled class exam time unless prior approval is given by the course instructor. Approvals must be sent to the exams office in a timely manner.
- Students are responsible for resolving any scheduling conflicts such as exam date/time changes, exam times overlapping with another class, exams scheduled at times which conflict with accommodations, etc. and must be resolved in adequate time (typically at least seven days in advance) or else the changes may not be accepted and/or made.
- The deadline date for submitting exam requests that take place during weeks 15 and 16 will be sent out at the beginning of the semester.
For more guidance on submitting an exam request, check out our exam request page.
- Students will check in for their scheduled exams at the testing location indicated in the exam reminder email that is sent out the day before.
- A valid ID is required upon checking in as the exam proctors will need to verify student identities before administering exams.
- If an exam is administered online, students will be responsible for bringing their own devices that are needed. This includes devices such as laptops and/or headphones for listening portions.
- Personal belongings must be left either in the front of the exam room with the proctor or outside of the room. This includes backpacks, phones, smart watches, hats, sunglasses, and any additional materials not allowed during the exam. Valuables should be left at home.
- There is a 15-minute grace period for exam check-ins. If a student arrives more than 15 minutes after their scheduled start time, we will not be able to administer the exam. If the student arrives after their scheduled start time but before the 15-minute grace period ends, they will still be able to take the exam, however the end time will remain the same.
- For example, if the student arrives 10 minutes after the start time, they will lose 10 minutes of their total allotted time.