- Volunteer Peer Notetakers
- Tegrity lecture capture
Making a request
- Establish an Accommodation Plan with the Disability Center, and renew using myAccess as needed each semester.
- Be prepared to provide appropriate documentation of your disability.
- Meet with your instructor as early as possible in the semester to discuss how the Notetaking Assistance can be implemented.
- Give each professor a letter that details your need for Notetaking accommodations. The professor will make an announcement about the volunteer opportunity or choose a volunteer. In upper-level courses or smaller classes, you may prefer to approach a fellow student to request Notetaking Assistance.
- Notetakers who are consistent and timely may be eligible to receive a Notetaker Stipend at the end of the semester. We will notify you with instructions on how to complete the evaluations for the Notetakers when that time comes.
Policies and guidelines
If you are eligible for “Use of Peer Notetaker” as one of your accommodations, there are a couple of steps to take in order to set it up in your classes;
- Meet with instructors to initiate the accommodation
- Login to your myAccess account and confirm the need for a Notetaker for the classes in-which you plan to use the accommodation.
Remember, you are responsible for your own academic success. Having a Notetaker is a reasonable accommodation, and is not a substitute for attending class.
To be an effective Notetaker, you will be expected to provide consistent, thorough, and timely notes. If you meet the expectations for the Notetaking Program you will be eligible for the Notetaker Stipend at the end of the semester. For questions, contact the Accommodations Coordinator at 573-884-8931 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Handwritten notes should be legible.
- Please get notes to the student as soon as possible after the class and at least within 1-2 business days of the class period.
- Please use the NoteTaker Sign-in to register as a Notetaker and to upload your notes into the portal.
- For more information visit the Volunteer Notetaker page.
- You can either choose a Notetaker or make an anonymous announcement regarding the Notetaking position. If no one volunteers, please make the announcement a second time.
- We are able to offer a stipend at the end of the semester for eligible Notetakers.
- If you would like to recognize a student for volunteering to be a Notetaker, you can give us their name and email address and we will be sure to follow up with that student. You may contact the Accommodations Coordinator at 573-884-8931 or email us at email@example.com.