The first thing you need to do when you come to MU is establish an Accommodation Plan with the Disability Center, preferably before classes start. Usually freshmen complete this during Summer Welcome. In order to establish accommodations, student will need to complete the following steps:
- Fill out the New Student Application: The New Student Application button is located on the homepage of the Disability Center’s website. When you click the button you will be asked to login using your MU Pawprint and password. If you need to upload any documentation you will be able to do so while filling out the application.
- Schedule an Access Planning Meeting (APM): This is a meeting with an Access Advisor in the Disability Center. This can be scheduled by contacting the office by phone 573-882-4696 or by email email@example.com.
If you need to submit documentation and you have already completed the New Student Application you can send the files by email or fax.
After the Access Planning Meeting
- After you and your Access Advisor determine eligible accommodations you will receive an “Eligibility for Accommodations” email confirming and outlining the accommodations that were approved during the APM. You can view a copy of this letter in your myAccess account under “My Mailbox.”
- You will need to log in to your myAccess account to review and sign the necessary required forms before you can access any other section of myAccess.
- You will then be able to generate your Accommodation Notification Letters for each enrolled course where accommodations will be implemented.
- Schedule a meeting with your instructors to discuss which accommodations you will be using and how they will be used.