How to Request Accommodations and Generate Accommodation Notification Letters
- You will be able to request your accommodations for the current semester once the registration date starts. The registration date is when myAccess will be available for you to request accommodations for the upcoming semesters. It is not the same as the start date for a semester. You will be able to request accommodations for the upcoming semester at the end of the current semester.
- Once you log into myAccess, select “My Dashboard” from your myAccess home screen, located on the left-hand side.
- Select the classes for which you would like to request accommodations (i.e. notetaking assistance, exam access, etc.).
- Click “Customize Your Accommodations.”
- Select which accommodations you would like to request for each class.
- You do not have to select all of your accommodations.
- Click “Submit your Requests.”
- Once you have requested your accommodations for the semester, you will need to arrange a time to meet with each instructor and discuss the specific details of implementing your accommodations in each course. Need guidance on this? Refer back to your New Student Orientation PowerPoint.
- A PDF version of your Accommodation Notification Letters will be available to print once you submit the requests. Some accommodations require approval by your Access Advisor each semester and will list as “Pending” until approved (please allow at 2 business days). You will be able to save the letters directly to your computer in order to print out and bring to your instructor when you meet with them.
- Any changes to your course schedule will take 24 to 48 hours to appear on your myAccess profile.
Some requests will require completion of additional steps. You can find links to these specific topics on your myAccess Dashboard after your accommodation requests have been submitted. You will be reminded of this via a message on your home screen.
Modifying a Completed Request for Your Accommodations
- After logging into myAccess, select “My Dashboard” (located on the left-hand side of the myAccess home screen).
- Scroll down to select the class(es) in which you would like to modify your accommodation request(s).
- Look for a gray box containing the class information. There will be two options that appear on the right side of the page.
- Modify request in BOLD BLUE TYPE
- Click “Modify”
- Select or deselect the accommodation(s) you need to modify
- Click “Update Request”
- Allow 2 business days for the request to be approved (if applicable)