What is myAccess?
myAccess is a student database system. If you have established an Accommodation Plan with the Disability Center, myAccess will allow you to log in and generate individualized Accommodation Notification Letters each semester. You can choose which approved accommodations you want/need for each course in which you are enrolled, retrieve notes for courses (if applicable), and much more.
Information entered or uploaded to myAccess is available to the Disability Center staff only. Entry into myAccess requires use of your MU Pawprint and password. To ensure privacy and security, do not share your login or password with anyone else. All informational documentation submitted to the Disability Center is kept separate from your academic records and is considered private under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please note that the Disability Center does not keep hard copies of documentation that you provide to us.
Within myAccess, select “My Dashboard” from the left-hand side of your screen.
To request and renew your accommodations
- Select the classes in which you plan to utilize some or all of your accommodations.
- Click “Customize Your Accommodations.”
- Select the accommodations you plan to use in each individual class. You do not have to select all of your accommodations if you don’t need them in a particular class.
- Click “Submit your Requests.”
- Once you have submitted your accommodations and generated your accommodation notification letters, arrange a time to meet with each instructor and discuss the specific details of implementing those accommodations.
- Your accommodation notification letters will be ready to print once you submit your requests, although some accommodations require approval by your Access Advisor each semester and will list as “Pending” until approved.
- Any changes to your course schedule will take 24 to 48 hours to appear on your myAccess profile.
Some accommodations have additional steps for implementation (i.e. notetaking assistance, alternative format for textbooks, exam requests, etc.). View the myAccess guides for assistance with the implementation.
To modify existing accommodations
- Select the relevant classes.
- Look for a gray box containing the class information. There will be two options that appear on the right side of the page.
- Modify request in bold blue type.
- Click “Modify.”
- Select or deselect the accommodation(s) you need to modify.
- Click “Update Request.”
- Allow two business days for the request to be approved, if applicable.
To request additional accommodations
- Click “Accommodation Modification Request Form” from the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click “Submit New Application.”
- Answer the questions and then click “Submit Application.”
- Once your request has been submitted, you will have the option to upload additional supporting documentation. To do so, click on “Choose File” and insert the documentation you wish to provide. Make sure to give it a “File Title” and click “Upload Documentation.”
REMINDER: Before the requests can be approved, your Access Advisor will need to review the request. Please allow three business days for the review of your request.
- Log in to myAccess, select “Exam Access” from the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the course for which you are requesting an exam.
- Select the exam type (exam, quiz, final).
- Provide the date and time the exam is to be administered.
- Select the accommodations that you would like to use for the exam.
- Click “Add Exam Request.”
Your request is not fully approved until reviewed by your instructor and the Disability Center exams staff. All non-final exams require at least five business days’ notice during the fall and spring semesters and four business days’ notice during summer. The office will send out reminders for the deadlines pertaining to final exams.
If you are eligible for notetaking assistance, follow these steps to set it up in your classes
- Meet with your instructors to discuss your notetaking accommodation.
- Log in to myAccess and confirm your need for a notetaker in those classes you plan to utilize the accommodation.
- You will be notified once a notetaker is identified and has began uploading notes.
- All notes will be available for download within your myAccess account.
Volunteer Notetaker? Please review the information within the Volunteer Peer Notetaker page.
“The Disability Center is awesome. It’s really nice to know I have reassurance in the notes I take and that I am getting the correct information.”
- Log in to myAccess and select “Alternative Formats” from the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the textbooks in which you need converted.
- Provide the Accommodations Coordinator with your book receipts
- Book conversions can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to process and convert.
If the textbook you need converted is not listed:
- Scroll down below the list of texts to the form that asks you to indicate what class the text is for, the title, author, ISBN, publisher and other fields. Complete the form with as much information as possible.
- Submit the additional text.
- Upon submission, the text will show in the list of needed materials. It will have a “custom – not listed” status next to it. This status indicates that you, the student, entered in the book information as opposed to the textbook information that is generated from the Mizzou bookstore.
If you are having trouble with your myAccess account please email the Disability Center at email@example.com. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response. If this is an immediate issue you can call the Disability Center at 573-882-4696.