Skip to Content Skip to Navigation

Temporary Injuries

For assistance due to a temporary injury, such as a broken arm or leg, you may request accommodations through the Disability Center.  First, complete a New Student Application, accessed on the Disability Center home page.  An Access Advisor will contact you to discuss your needs and schedule an appointment if necessary.

You may be asked to provide medical documentation to verify your condition. Acceptable documentation includes a doctor’s note, a discharge summary or an emergency room visit report.



The Para-Transit van at Mizzou is provided as a courtesy and cannot be a guaranteed service. Students with permanent disabilities are given priority in scheduling the van. Because the van is used frequently, it is important to be available at the pick-up spot at the arranged time. The campus van is not available during breaks or the summer semester.

If you find that you no longer need the van, or are not using it as scheduled, please contact Para-Transit so it may be available for other students.

More about transportation


If you are able to drive, you may arrange for a temporary disabled parking pass for campus. This can be arranged on a short-term basis through MU Parking and Transportation, Level 2 in the Turner Avenue Garage. Contact 573-882-4568.