Making a request
- Complete the New Student Application.
- Provide supporting documentation and an evaluation by an appropriate professional that relates the current impact of the disability to the request. Documentation should include:
- A diagnostic statement including the date of the most recent evaluation
- A description of the diagnostic criteria or tests used
- A statement about the current impact of (or limitations posed by) the disability
- A statement about the expected duration, stability or progression of the disability
- The credentials of the diagnosing professional
- If possible, submit recommendations from the diagnosing/treating professional. Recommendations should:
- Provide a clear description of the recommended housing accommodation
- Connect the recommendation to the impact of the disability
- Suggest possible alternatives to the recommendation
- Include a statement of the level of need for (or the consequences of not receiving) the recommended configuration
- Submit requests for housing accommodations as early as possible for priority consideration.