As an accommodation you may make a request to enroll in a reduced number of credit hours without negatively affecting your status as a full-time student.
Making a request
- Establish an Accommodation Plan with the Disability Center
- Provide documentation of your disability that supports your request for a reduced courseload
- Meet with an Access Advisor or Coordinator to discuss this and any other accommodations that may be applicable
- Complete the Reduced Courseload sign-up form within your myAccess account well in advance of the start of the semester
- Fall semester deadline is August 1st
- Spring semester deadline is January 1st
Policies and guidelines
- Inform your academic unit, your academic adviser and the Student Financial Aid Office of your intent to utilize this accommodation.
- To qualify for a reduced courseload as an accommodation, you must be enrolled in a minimum of nine credit hours if you are an undergraduate student or a minimum of six credit hours if you are a graduate student.
- You must comply with all school or college policies regarding degree program completion.
- Meet regularly with your academic adviser to review your academic progress.
- This accommodation is applicable only for the semester for which it is approved. If you anticipate requesting this accommodation for future semesters, you must notify the Disability Center well in advance of the start of classes. Additional documentation may be required, depending on your circumstances.
- Please let your Access Advisor or Coordinator know if you have any questions regarding this accommodation.